On 7 November, in London’s famous Royal Albert Hall, there’s to be “a unique event drawing Christians and Jews together in celebration of the centenary of the Balfour Declaration and all that it led to.”
Christians will be reaching out to support the Jewish community and the state of Israel, or so the organisers claim.
“Our vision to stage such a big event at the Royal Albert Hall is ambitious and we recognise our reliance on God to enable every aspect of it. The evening’s programme will follow the history of God’s work through the Balfour Declaration that culminated in the independence of the modern state of Israel. We will use dance, film, song and drama sketches to illustrate how God used both Christians and Jews to fulfil (sic) the prophesied return of the Jewish people from exile to their ancient biblical homeland Israel,” says the blurb.
And it adds:
- Christian leaders will read statements that will reflect Christians’ desire to…
- Reconnect with the spiritual heritage of godly men who espoused the restoration of Israel to her Land;
- Remember the Balfour Declaration and the Jewish-Christian partnerships that made it a reality;
- Recognise the failure of Britain to fulfill the intent of the Balfour Declaration through the mandate for Palestine;
- Rededicate ourselves as Christians to support Israel and the Jewish community.
And the Royal Albert Hall, we are reminded, is where Lord Balfour celebrated with the Jewish community the granting to…