Guest Post by Heinrich Muller from The Link Building Guy |
SEO link building is a very important part of any search engine optimization strategy. If you do it right your keywords will improve on the search engine result pages and the organic traffic to your website will increase. But what exactly do you need to do?
The golden rule of effective SEO link building is to diversify your link building methods. Think of it this way, if you are a boxer that can only throw a left hook you will most likely lose all of your fights. In the same way links that are built by using only one method will not be very effective.
There are plenty of SEO link building methods around and when you combine them the impact of your link building efforts will visibly improve. Two link building methods will be discussed in more detail in this article and you are welcome to use them to diversify your link building (Tip – make a list of the link building methods that you intend using and draw-up a weekly link building schedule with slots for all of the methods.)
Content traps and article marketing:
– One of the most effective link building methods available today is the use of original and unique content to build links and generate traffic.
– Start by researching popular search phrases for your website, product or service and choose keywords with a low level of competition.
– Write original articles using the keywords that you have chosen.
– Submit the articles to article directories and Blogs.
– Build new links by linking back to your website in the resource box of each article.
– In addition your articles should show-up in the search results for the low competition keywords that you have chosen thereby generating traffic to your website (content trap).
– This method has been abused but it is still very effective when used in combination with other link building methods.
– Search for Blogs that are relevant to your website, product or service and ensure that they allow you to enter your name and URL when posting a comment.
– Read the article and post a comment that is useful and informative (you need to give in order to receive.)
– Webmasters delete comments that they view as spam and it is important that you add value with your comment and not try and sell yourself.
– Post comments on both do-follow and no-follow Blogs to ensure that the search engines view the links as “natural”.
In addition to the two methods discussed above you can build new links to your website through the use of bookmarks on social sites, forum profiles and posts, submitting your website URL to link directories and the uploading of videos to popular video sites. SEO link building is very effective when you combine three or more of the available methods. Start improving your keyword search optimization today by becoming a boxer with more than just a left hook in your arsenal.
Heinrich Muller is the owner of The Link Building Guy and he writes articles about search optimization, SEO link building, keyword optimization and social media developments. Feel free to visit his website The Link Building Guy for more information and articles.