This week in OtherWords, Raul A. Reyes sizes up Marco Rubio’s presidential bid and Donald Kaul weighs in on Justice Antonin Scalia’s legacy.
If you haven’t already subscribed, please ensure that you don’t miss the latest from OtherWords by signing up for our free weekly newsletter. If you’re on Twitter, why not follow us? Our handle is @OTWords.
And if you’d like to see these bold opinion pieces delivered to more newspapers and new media outlets, please consider making a tax-deductible donation today.
- What’s at Stake with the Supreme Court / Marge Baker
Will Republicans let partisan rancor and petty politics damage it?
- See Marco Run / Raul A. Reyes
If the young senator from Florida is their savior, Republicans should be very worried.
- I Am Kalief Browder / Branden Miles
Every young black kid gets “the talk” about racial profiling.
- The Passion of Scalia / Donald Kaul
Had the late justice not violated his own philosophy, George W. Bush might not have occupied the White House and brought on the Iraq War.
- Scalia’s Ghost Can’t Save Oil, Gas, and Coal / Emily Schwartz Greco
The Clean Power Plan probably got a reprieve when the arch-conservative jurist died.
- The [Redacted] Truth about the CIA / John Kiriakou
America’s most notorious spy agency even deceives its own employees.
- No Candidate is Perfect / Jill Richardson
Can we behave like rational, logical grownups as we select the next leader of our country?
- The Billionaire Bankrolling the Latest Trade Deal Push / Jim Hightower
A corporate-backed study says the latest Washington trade scam will raise incomes — but for whom?
- Scalia’s Big Shoes / Khalil Bendib cartoon