Fighting Continues near Fallujah; 254 Killed in Iraq
At least 254 were killed and 10 were wounded in
About 130 Iraqi soldiers have been killed in the Fallujah
operations, according to unofficial reports. Yesterday, 92 deaths of security
personnel of unknown affiliation were reported. Assuming they were all Iraqi
soldiers, this would raise the number of estimated military deaths by 38
killed. Baghdad officials refuse
to release any believable casualty figures for the military, and these
estimates cannot be confirmed independently due to the fighting.
A bomb in Baghdad killed
one person and wounded nine more.
In Hawd, gunmen killed
one person and wounded another.
Sources in Mosul report that 89
militants were killed at the nearby frontlines.
In Nuaimiya, 50
militants were killed.
34 militants in Qayara.
A strike on Falahat killed
10 militants in Shirqat, including a judge.
suicide bombers were killed in Sejar and Kubeisa.
militants were killed in a strike on Albu Ziyab.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- 192 Killed, 139 Wounded in Iraq Battles, Bombings – June 1st, 2016
- At Least 4,237 People, Including Americans, Killed in Iraq During May – May 31st, 2016
- 259 Killed in Iraq; Bombers Back in Baghdad – May 30th, 2016
- 100 Killed in Iraq; New Operation Launched near Mosul – May 29th, 2016
- Iraq Special Forces Surround Fallujah; 208 Killed – May 28th, 2016