Chocolate truffles are a popular type of confectionery composed of a chocolate coating and ganache, a filling made by mixing chocolate and cream. The ingredients are mixed together and rolled into balls, which are then served as gifts or eaten for a quick snack.1 Their name comes from their similar appearance to truffles, a type of mushroom prized in the culinary world for its unique aroma and flavor.2
However, most chocolate truffles sold today contain lots of sugar, which can wreak havoc on your health when consumed. I believe it’s far better to make your own chocolate truffles using raw, organic ingredients that can provide a multitude of health benefits. Plus, it’ll taste better, too!
This chocolate and avocado truffle recipe by Jennafer Ashley of Paleohacks is a great example. Not only is it healthy and delicious, but also easy to prepare.
Chocolate Fat Bomb Truffles Recipe
Cooking Time: 10 minutes
Viva Naturals Organic …
Buy New $10.47
- 1 tablespoon Dr. Mercola’s vanilla extract
- 2 small ripe organic avocados
- 1 cup raw cacao powder
- 2 tablespoons raw cacao powder for dusting
- 3 tablespoons Dr. Mercola’s coconut oil, melted
- 2 tablespoons Dr. Mercola’s raw honey or 1 tablespoon monk fruit sweetener
- 1-2 drops of stevia (optional)
- In a mixing bowl, combine the melted coconut oil, avocado, honey and the stevia if you are using it. Use a hand mixer on medium speed to mix the ingredients until they reach a smooth consistency.
- Gradually mix in 1 cup of raw cacao powder until it completely combines with the other ingredients. Place in the freezer for 10 minutes.
- Using a tablespoon, scoop out the mixture and roll it into balls. Dust with the reserved cacao powder.
- Store in…