November 20, 2017
Thanksgiving comes early this year, so it is time to put out Kevin’s famous holiday recipes like we have done for over a decade.
Back from the days when Kevin had a Monday through Friday show, he had three recipes he gave out every holiday season and still to this day gets many requests for them.
There are the famous Make Ahead Mashed Potatoes, David Wade’s “turkey in a bag” and last, but not least, David Wade’s Rock Salt Prime Rib! Bon appétit!
Make-ahead mashed potatoes (10-12 servings)
8 large potatoes
8 0z cream cheese
1/2 cup butter
1/2 cup sour cream
- Boil and mash potatoes
- Mix in cream cheese, butter, sour cream and salt and pepper
- Put into 2-3 quart greased serving dish
- Top with some butter pats
- Cover and store in fridge for up to 3 days
- Sprinkle with paprika and bake uncovered at 350 for about 40 minutes.
The late, great David Wade’s turkey in a bag
1 16-20 lb. turkey thoroughly thawed
1 large paper grocery bag
1 cup peanut oil (only)
- Sprinkle the powder on the turkey and then rub it in with a little
- Fully coat the inside of the bag with the rest of the peanut oil.
- Put the bird in the bag breast side up and tie the open end closed with
- Put in lower section of a roaster with no lid and place in oven
pre-heated to 325 degrees.
- Cook for about 10-12 minutes per pound.
- When done, take it out and poke a hole in the bag away from you to let
out the steam and then as David would say, voila! (do NOT cook dressing
in the bird)
and, finally, here’s David’s rock-salt prime rib recipe.
Cover the bottom of a…