NewsCopter 7 over Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown, Connecticut as the school was demolished following last year’s deadly shooting in which 26 students and teachers were murdered. (WABC Photo/ NewsCopter 7) More photos at WABC News 7
Associated Press / WABC News 7
NEWTOWN, Conn. – Workers have begun demolishing the elementary school building where a gunman killed 20 children and six adults, the town’s top elected leader said Thursday.
Newtown First Selectman Pat Llodra said small-scale demolition is underway at Sandy Hook Elementary School and the project will take several weeks.
“The process of demolition is incremental, staged precisely and executed carefully,” she said. “There is no wrecking ball action; it is rather a piece-by-piece, section-by-section removal.”
Read more at WABC News 7