UK raises concerns over Egypt clashes

Britain has raised concerns over the recent clashes in Egypt™s capital of Cairo which left more than 50 dead and many injured.

British Foreign office expressed concerns over the clashes between supporters of Egypt™s ousted President Mohamed Morsi and police forces, saying the two sides should commit to an inclusive political process.

œWe are deeply concerned by the large-scale violence in Cairo and other parts of Egypt that has resulted in over 50 deaths, including from the use of live fire by the security forces,” a foreign office spokesperson said in a statement.

œWe call on the security forces to ensure that their response is proportionate at all times. We urge all those protesting to do so peacefully and responsibly,” he added

The British Foreign Office also said an inclusive political process will allow Egyptian people a voice in the country™s future.

Earlier this week, over 50 people, mostly supporters of ousted president, Mohamed Morsi, were killed in clashes with security forces in Egypt.

Egypt plunged into unrelenting violence on July 3, when the army ousted Morsi, suspended the constitution, and dissolved the parliament before appointing the head of the Supreme Constitutional Court, Adly Mahmoud Mansour, as the new interim president.

The army-backed interim government has launched a deadly crackdown on Morsi supporters and arrested thousands of Muslim Brotherhood members.

MOS/HE

Copyright: Press TV