Afghan villagers stand at a house which was hit by a US-led airstrike in Logar Province. (File photo)
At least three people have been killed in a US airstrike in Afghanistan™s eastern Logar Province, Afghan officials say.
The US military and provincial authorities claim that the attack, which took place on Sunday, killed Taliban militants.
However, the Taliban have not yet commented on the incident.
On Saturday, a US midnight airstrike killed five people and severely injured three civilians in the central-eastern province of Maidan Wardak.
Earlier on Friday, at least five civilians, including three children, were killed in another US airstrike in an area near Jalalabad city, the capital of the eastern Afghan province of Nangarhar.
The US claims its airstrikes target militants, but local sources say civilians have been the main victims.
In September, a US-led airstrike left at least 16 civilians, including women and children, dead in Kunar Province in eastern Afghanistan.
Afghan officials said the attack targeted a truck and killed all onboard. However, NATO denied that civilians died, saying the attack had killed militants.
Afghan President Hamid Karzai has repeatedly questioned the legality of the drone strikes and on numerous occasions has called on Washington to stop the attacks.
The United Nations says the US-operated drone strikes pose a growing challenge to the international rule of law.
Copyright: Press TV