{"id":90079,"date":"2013-11-09T01:08:08","date_gmt":"2013-11-09T00:08:08","guid":{"rendered":"http:\/\/rinf.com\/alt-news\/breaking-news\/navy-yard-victims-sister-plans-to-sue-us\/"},"modified":"2013-11-09T01:08:08","modified_gmt":"2013-11-09T00:08:08","slug":"navy-yard-victims-sister-plans-to-sue-us","status":"publish","type":"post","link":"https:\/\/rinf.com\/alt-news\/breaking-news\/navy-yard-victims-sister-plans-to-sue-us\/","title":{"rendered":"Navy Yard victim&#8217;s sister plans to sue US"},"content":{"rendered":"<p><span>In FBI released still photos from surveillance camera footage, Aaron Alexis, a US Navy contractor, enters the Washington Navy Yard carrying a backpack using a valid pass to gain entry at 8:08 a.m. on September 16, 2013 in Washington, DC.<\/span><\/p>\n<div>\n<p>The Florida sister of a woman killed in the September shooting rampage at the Washington Navy Yard plans to seek damages in her death, a lawyer said Friday.<\/p>\n<p>Sidney Matthew said Patricia DeLorenzo of Tampa intends to seek $37.5 million from the federal government for the wrongful death of her sister, Mary Francis DeLorenzo Knight, The Tampa Bay Times reported.<\/p>\n<p>Matthew said an administrative claim had been filed against the US Navy and the Department of Veterans Affairs. The administrative claim is the first step required to file a lawsuit against the federal government.<\/p>\n<p>The suit alleges the Navy was negligent in allowing the shooter, Aaron Alexis, to maintain his security clearance that permitted him to enter the Navy Yard Sept. 16.<\/p>\n<p>The 34-year-old man&#8217;s history of mental illness, gun violence and threats of violence should have been enough to prevent the Navy from allowing him into the facility, Matthew said.<\/p>\n<p>Knight, one of 12 people killed by Alexis, was a naval cybersecurity specialist. UPI<\/p>\n<p>AGB\/AGB<\/p>\n<\/div>\n<p>Source: <a href=\"http:\/\/www.presstv.ir\/detail\/2013\/11\/09\/333720\/navy-yard-victims-sister-plans-to-sue-us\/\" target=\"_blank\" title=\"Navy Yard victim's sister plans to sue US\">Press TV<\/a><\/p>\n","protected":false},"excerpt":{"rendered":"<p>In FBI released still photos from surveillance camera footage, Aaron Alexis, a US Navy contractor, enters the Washington Navy Yard carrying a backpack using a valid pass to gain entry at 8:08 a.m. on September 16, 2013 in Washington, DC. The Florida sister of a woman killed in the September shooting rampage at the Washington [&hellip;]<\/p>\n","protected":false},"author":1213,"featured_media":0,"comment_status":"open","ping_status":"open","sticky":false,"template":"","format":"standard","meta":{"footnotes":""},"categories":[487],"tags":[],"class_list":{"0":"post-90079","1":"post","2":"type-post","3":"status-publish","4":"format-standard","6":"category-breaking-news"},"_links":{"self":[{"href":"https:\/\/rinf.com\/alt-news\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/posts\/90079","targetHints":{"allow":["GET"]}}],"collection":[{"href":"https:\/\/rinf.com\/alt-news\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/posts"}],"about":[{"href":"https:\/\/rinf.com\/alt-news\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/types\/post"}],"author":[{"embeddable":true,"href":"https:\/\/rinf.com\/alt-news\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/users\/1213"}],"replies":[{"embeddable":true,"href":"https:\/\/rinf.com\/alt-news\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/comments?post=90079"}],"version-history":[{"count":0,"href":"https:\/\/rinf.com\/alt-news\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/posts\/90079\/revisions"}],"wp:attachment":[{"href":"https:\/\/rinf.com\/alt-news\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/media?parent=90079"}],"wp:term":[{"taxonomy":"category","embeddable":true,"href":"https:\/\/rinf.com\/alt-news\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/categories?post=90079"},{"taxonomy":"post_tag","embeddable":true,"href":"https:\/\/rinf.com\/alt-news\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/tags?post=90079"}],"curies":[{"name":"wp","href":"https:\/\/api.w.org\/{rel}","templated":true}]}}