January 5, 2018
The Daily Mail has compiled a list of 20 of the most “jaw-dropping” claims contained in the new book by author Michael Wolff – who was served with a cease-and-desist letter along with former Trump strategist Steve Bannon – and who was warned that legal action is imminent.
As we noted earlier, the book which was originally scheduled for publication next week, has been accelerated for broad release to Friday to capitalize on the widespread controversy it has generated, not to mention free publicity courtesy of the White House.
One thing to note: numerous media peers of Wolff’s have already expressed skepticism about the book’s accuracy and contents, which is why it will be up to the reader to determine if to buy it from the fiction or non-fiction section.
And so, without further ado, or commentary, is the list:
- Steve Bannon described Don Jr’s Trump Tower meeting with Russians as ‘treasonous and unpatriotic’ and thinks he will ‘crack like an egg’ under the pressure of the Russia investigation
- Bannon said there’s ‘zero’ chance Donald Trump didn’t know about the meeting and said Don Jr likely ‘walked them to his father’s office’
- First Lady Melania Trump openly wept on the night her husband won the election – and the tears ‘were not of joy’
- The whole campaign from the top down thought Trump would lose and everyone had planned for defeat, with Trump himself planning a TV network because he would be ‘the most famous man in the world’
- Trump and Melania sleep in separate bedrooms and he demanded a lock on his bedroom door against the wishes of the Secret Service
- Trump orders McDonald’s so he’s not poisoned, told staff not to touch his toothbrush and strips his own bedsheets
- Trump regularly sits in bed eating a cheeseburger at 6.30pm while calling his friends and watching three TVs
- Rupert Murdoch called Trump a…