A small fire has broken out at New York’s Trump Tower – the building which houses luxury apartments and businesses and is owned by US President Donald Trump.
The Fire Department of New York said it was dealing with the blaze which reportedly started on Monday morning on the top floor of the building located at East 57th Street and Fifth Avenue in Manhattan.
Smoke was seen billowing off from one corner of the skyscraper for a while before most of it dissipated.
The fire was small and likely caused by an electrical fault, the fire department told reporters.
Aerial views showed firefighters on the roof of the building.
Firefighters were called to Trump Tower at about 7:20 Monday morning.
President Trump’s son Eric Trump said the fire broke out in a cooling tower on the roof. “The New York Fire Department was here within minutes and did an incredible job,” he said in a tweet.
There was a small electrical fire in a cooling tower…