PressTV-‘US will not decrease forces in S Korea’

US National Security Adviser John Bolton says that President Donald Trump has not asked the Pentagon for options to reduce American forces deployed to South Korea.

John Bolton’s statement came on Friday, after The New York Times reported on Thursday that the US president was seeking options to curb the number of American troops stationed in South Korea.

“The New York Times story is utter nonsense. The President has not asked the Pentagon to provide options for reducing American forces stationed in South Korea,” Bolton said.

On Wednesday, South Korea’s presidential office said the United States military presence in the Asian country will continue and would be unrelated to any peace treaty with the North.

South Korean marines participate in a joint military exercise with US troops on April 2, 2017 in Pohang, South Korea. (Photo by Getty Images)

Seoul also confirmed the arrival of the US warplanes last week, following reports by local…

Read more