PressTV-Mattis rules out military option against Iran

US Defense Secretary James Mattis says there is no need to resort to military option against Iran over allegations that Tehran supplies missiles to Yemen.

Mattis said he does not see the need for a stepped-up military posture against Iran, the day after Nikki Haley, the US ambassador to the United Nations, displayed what she called “concert evidence” that a missile fired last month from Yemen at an airport in the Saudi capital Riyadh had been made in Iran.

She called on the international community to join “a united front in resisting this global threat.”

When asked if he thought such “evidence” warranted an emboldened or expanded military action against Iran, Mattis told reporters at the Pentagon, “Not militarily, no.”

US Ambassador to the United Nations Nikki Haley displays debris from a recovered ballistic missile at a military base in Washington on December 14, 2017. (Photo by AFP)

“It’s the reason Ambassador Haley was there and…

Read more