US President Donald J. Trump spent the last week or so churning out initiatives that seemed deliberately calculated to set his critics’ hair on fire:
- He met as an equal with North Korea’s Kim Jong-un – who is a very bad man!
- He stated again his willingness to meet with Russian President Vladimir Putin – an even worse man!
- He mocked and threatened our trading partners – and slapped tariffs on them!
- He suggested that an impenitent Russia (a very bad country!) should be let back into the genteel company of the Group of Seven!
- He topped everything off by suggesting that Russian-speaking Crimea should be part of – Russia!
As summed up by vulgar Republican, Never-Trump apparatchik Rick Wilson:
‘After the last week, Trump is clearly a man who puts the dick in dictator. He’s a fanboy of Putin, Kim, Duterte, and a dog’s breakfast of the worst examples of oppression, thuggery, and anti-Western values the globe has to offer. [ . . . ]
Killing the Deep State…
Best Price: $17.08
Buy New $17.99
(as of 02:30 EDT – Details)
‘[T]his week, Trump’s love of authoritarians, dictatorships and his actions and words came together. Donald Trump first went to the G-7 to wreck the proceedings with a combination of insult-comic schtick, diplomatic demolition derby, Putin cheerleading, and giant-toddler petulance.
‘He followed that with the Singapore Shitshow. It was a monstrous reality TV event, as was intended. But it left our putative allies wondering at the new Axis of Assholes Trump has joined—the CRANK: China, Russia, America and North Korea. By the end, it didn’t feel like he was after denuclearization but management tips from the portly little thug Kim.
‘For the American president to normalize,…