“Gun-free Zones,” which in reality are nothing but free-fire zones where bad guys can rob and murder with impunity because nobody is around with a weapon to stop them. 12 people died and another 70 were wounded last year in Aurora Colorado when James Holmes shot up a movie theater, which was a “Gun-Free Zone.” Had there been a responsible citizen carrying a weapon in the theater, could those people have been saved?
The Clackamas Town Center Mall in Portland Oregon might also have been a high body count massacre, which is exactly what shooter Jacob Tyler Roberts had in mind: Slaughtering Christmas shoppers. What, you didn’t hear about that one? That’s probably because 22-year-old Nicholas Meli was there with a gun too, and the moment the cowardly shooter saw Meli pull out his weapon he shot himself in the head. So there was no massacre. Imagine that.
The reality is that:
* Guns used 2.5 million times a year in self-defense. Law-abiding citizens use guns to defend themselves against criminals as many as 2.5 million times every year — or about 6,850 times a day. This means that each year, firearms are used more than 80 times more often to protect the lives of honest citizens than to take lives.
* Of the 2.5 million times citizens use their guns to defend themselves every year, the overwhelming majority merely brandish their gun or fire a warning shot to scare off their attackers. Less than 8% of the time, a citizen will kill or wound his/her attacker.
* As many as 200,000 women use a gun every year to defend themselves against sexual abuse.
* Even anti-gun Clinton researchers concede that guns are used 1.5 million times annually for self-defense. According to the Clinton Justice Department, there are as many as 1.5 million cases of self-defense every year. The National Institute of Justice published this figure in 1997 as part of “Guns in America” — a study which was authored by noted anti-gun criminologists Philip Cook and Jens Ludwig.
* Armed citizens kill more crooks than do the police. Citizens shoot and kill at least twice as many criminals as police do every year (1,527 to 606). And readers of Newsweek learned that “only 2 percent of civilian shootings involved an innocent person mistakenly identified as a criminal. The ‘error rate’ for the police, however, was 11 percent, more than five times as high.”
(Asterisked paragraphs from https://www.gunowners.org)
In this episode of The Truth Is Viral, Bobby takes a break from international gloom and doom and talks guns – Open Carry vs Concealed Carry – while he makes an awesome spread of tacos.
CONNECT WITH TTIV