NATO convoy attacked in Afghanistan

Taliban militants have targeted a NATO convoy in an area of Afghanistan, killing at least 10 people and injuring several others, security sources say.

Afghan security officials say the deadly attack took place in Ghazni Province on Tuesday in the country’s volatile east.

Sources say at least four Afghan policemen are among the victims.

Medical sources said the death toll is expected to rise as some of the injured are said to be in critical condition.

However, it is unclear if any of the trucks carrying supplies for the US-led troops were destroyed in the attack.

No group has so far claimed responsibility for the bombing, but the attack had all the hallmarks of Taliban militants

Hundreds of NATO logistic convoys and oil containers have been attacked in different parts of Afghanistan in recent years.

The Taliban spring offensive is in full swing in Afghanistan. Thatâ„¢s a period when attacks by militants on foreign and Afghan forces hit their peak.

Despite the presence of thousands of US-led forces in the war-torn country, the violence has grown every passing year since the 2001 US-led invasion.

The US-led war in Afghanistan, which has caused record-high civilian and military casualties, has become the longest military conflict in the American history.

JR/PR

This article originally appeared on: Press TV